Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:24

Monday, September 7, 2009

Daisy has a deal...

Sorry there are no pictures today...just a little Daisy talk.
Daisy has been asking for ear rings...pink ones to be specific. So we made a deal with her...she has to stop sucking her thumb. Now I am not sure that she gets that this is a permanent thing, but we have been talking to her about it for a couple of weeks now and she has not given up thinking she is never gonna get some ear rings, so far.
Yesterday at church her teacher, Shelly, came up and told me that Daisy told her that she stopped sucking her thumb...LOL! I don't know how random this was but I thought it was cute, and I told her to tell Shelly what she gets when she stops sucking her thumb. She told her "ear rings", I said "what color?" and she, of course, said PINK! She is set on pink ear rings. So, we will see how this goes. We are probably still gonna try a thumb sucking deterent, but we have not ordered it yet. Hopefully it will help.
She has been doing better already, but there are times, like in the car or going to bed or watching tv that she just can't help herself and forgets. But if I remind her she is quick to remove it!
So now maybe everyone can help to encourage her to STOP SUCKING THAT THUMB!
Next we need to work on night time wetting...last night she wet 2 pairs of pull ups so we put her in underwear and said she CANNOT pee pee in her underpants. Well, what did she do? She pee peed in 2 or 3 pair of underwear and then she got a pull up again. Needless to say, this was all between about 8 and 9 or 9:30 pm. We think she was playing a game trying to stay up and not go to bed! But we aren't sure how to deal with her manipulation here. She absolutely knows how and when to use the potty and she was wide awake!  I am not sure if I was confusing her by yelling at her to stay in her bed, cause I surely don't want her to pee her pants, but I don't want her to play this bedtime game either. So, I think we are gonna have to limit the evening drinks! She is a tricky one!

No comments: