Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:24

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

On Friday we went to a Good Friday service and I had been talking to Jacob and Daisy about it that day thinking they were not paying attention. But when we walked in they started telling the Pastor all about Good Friday each of them blurting out tidbits that they remembered. "It's Good Friday", "Jesus took our punishment", "Jesus is God", "Jesus died on the cross", and on and on. I had tears in my eyes listening to all they had learned. Still it is so hard to teach them. Much harder to explain than Christmas!

For Easter this year the kiddos did not get a basket FULL of treats! But something more important! God's Word. Their first real bibles. They are adventure bibles for kids, but the real thing, not stories. They also got a book. 'God's Wisdom for Little Girls' by Elizabeth George for Daisy. And 'Will: God's Mighty Warrior' for Jacob. Sadly, not much was in Eli's basket. A few eggs with candy. I was so focused on a bible for Daisy and Jacob that I forgot about him. I felt terrible. But he still  enjoyed it and did not know any better!
 They look adorable in their Easter Best!
 Waiting for the hunt for Easter Eggs.
 Singing and dancing.
First Easter Egg hunt!


 Waiting for Sunday School
 Jacob was very good at keeping track of his bible. He did not forget it once! He is very excited to have his "very own Holy Bible!"

No comments: