Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:24

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Franklin Co Invitational

This weeks race was at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington. It is a tough course and I am pretty sure not many kids will be getting ribbons for beating their mile pace this week, including my two. But they still did well.


Daisy ran the race in 14:44 placing 63 out of 219 kids. That is almost 2 minutes faster than last years time of 16:39(122nd) She also got knocked down. So her mile pace this week is 7:53, last week it was 7:25. I am very proud of her improvement, especially on such a tough course! Daisy's goal is to be in the top 10. She says that she says a prayer asking God to help her get first! Ha ha! I just tell her He ALWAYS answers, either yes, no or wait. She said "I guess the answer was no." I told her it could be wait until next year!


Jacob ran his 3K in 18:03.64 placing 173 out of 203 kids. His time is almost exactly the same as last years time of 18:02.57. Crazy! His mile pace is exactly the same as last year at 9:41, but up from last week which was 8:29. His goal is to get under 8 minutes. He really wants to make the Blue (fast) team, but he needs to remember that practice is important! He puts his all into races, but no effort into practices. Hopefully he will find that motivation for himself.

Next week, Capitol View which they should both do very well on. That was the first one Daisy won a medal at last year!

No comments: