 |
| Daisy has been doing a lot of art lately, so I thought I would make her a book that she could draw all her pictures in. |
 |
| This is her self portrait. :) |
 |
| Tonight we rented Tangled from the $1 movie kiosk. So, she drew the castle with the king and queen on their terrace (on the right), setting their lanterns in to the sky. Pretty good I think. |
 |
| Another self portrait. This time she has a flower in her hair and eyelashes. She is in her room with a bed, dresser and a desk, and a picture of the beach on the wall! Outside is the garden with pumpkins and butterflies. And I forgot what was on the right. |
 |
| A storm, Dark cloud, rain, lightning, and a tornado spinning Jacob around and I am catching him while Daisy is playing some music on the guitar. Ha ha ha ha! |
 |
| Her rainbow and sun. |
 |
| And this is her pile of VBS projects. Her soldier, her picture frame, her cross, her journal, crown, T-shirt, and pot. I'm sure you couldn't tell with all the pink! |
I really liked the simplicity of the heart with the cross and what it taught her. They showed me the hearts on the way home and I didn't think too much of them until they explained how they have dirty hearts, the coloring all over them, and that when they took the cross off it was clean and that is what Jesus does for their hearts. When I was reading a story to her that night, right in the middle of it she asked, "mommy, do I have a dirty heart?" I was pretty much in tears and thought I would not be able to finish the book, being all choked up and all. They really had a great week at VBS. The pastor shared with the families on family night what she said so that people would know that they ARE reaching their little ears even when they can't tell if they are paying attention.
 |
| This one is Jacob's pile of projects. He had a pretty cool shirt, other than they lost the ones I sent for them, so this one is like 10 sizes too big. Guess it will last him a long time. I fit into it! I put it on and said, look at the cool shirt I got! He thought it was funny! |
2 comments:
my boys love to draw too. i was throwing all their work away b/c it was clogging up my house!! finally i decided to buy a binder and clear page protectors so they could flip through w/o tearing their pages...and claire could look through them too. i love daisy's book tho!! she's such an artist!!
A binder is a good idea!
The terrible thing is, we have not been able to find her art book in a couple of days! It has too be around here somewhere! And I have looked everywhere! Uhg! I usually only keep the ones I think are worth keeping! ha ha! But she is getting better, so I figure I better do something!
Post a Comment