This morning I woke up to find my poor baby like this! Well, it looks a little better than when he first woke up since I put some lotion on his forehead, but he has torn up his forehead with his little nails. The cause? VERY dry skin, scaley, rough, painful, itcy, seems kind of scab like, strange dry skin. Cradle cap? Maybe, but all down in his face, and around his cheeks and eyes, I personally think it is from his allergies to milk and possibly soy. Daisy had very similar reactions, but Eli's seems to be so much worse and more painful! Poor little guy.
Plus I have been using medicated shampoo on his head and it seems to get better under his hair but worse around his face...I do even try to get the shampoo down around his face some without getting too close to his eyes. It seems that it would work there as well as the scalp, but it doesn't seem to be.
So, I have been milk free for several weeks now, and there still seems to be problems. He still seems to be in pain at some times of the day. Aside from being milk free, he takes his prescription Axid, and he also is on a probiotic, along with rice cereal a couple of times a day, all of which seems to work for a few days, then it seems we are back to square one! Next step, eliminate the soy! Yep! More elimination. Uhg! I decided to try Silk Almond Milk the other day, and it is quite good. I dreaded even trying it at all! But, I need something to cook with so I thought I would try that or rice milk and went for the Almond Vanilla flavor. Had some on my cereal and really like it. It is better than white milk yet still not as good as chocolate milk (a favorite treat of mine!) I am totally one of those people that NEVER EVER wanted to try any kind of soy, rice almond, coconut or any other kind of milk! It just doesn't sound good! It just isn't the same. But so far I am pleasantly surprised. Hopefully I can make it work for some recipes so I don't feel so totally deprived of EVERYTHING!
I also decided to order the Nap Nanny, which will be here this week hopefully and I pray that it helps!


1 comment:
poor guy! hope y'all figure it out soon.
Post a Comment