Last night Daisy and Jacob had a "siblings class" to prepare for the new baby. It was there that I learned that they would not be allowed to visit us in the hospital at all! The hospital is not allowing any children under the age of 16 on the floors where babies or patients are staying! Stinkin flu!!!! That is about 4 days that I will not see them at all and they will not get to experience all that is involved. I do keep telling them that mommy is going to have to stay in the hospital for a few days, and the drs are gonna take the baby out and take care of mommy and the baby while we are there...and they know that gramma and grampa are coming to stay with them while we are there. But they really have no idea what a hospital is or what goes on there.
I am very sad that they will miss out on the opportunity to experience those first few days with us and Eli!
This will also be the longest I have been away from them....only one time did Clark and I go away for one night on one of our anniversaries while gramma and grampa stayed with them! But I think I am more disappointed that they will miss out on these first few days with Eli than I am about being away from them for those days. As Clark said last night, we are gonna go to the hospital pg and BOOM come home with a baby and they are gonna wonder what happened!
Well, I better go get ready for BSF! The kids just love it! Lots to learn!
No comments:
Post a Comment