Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:24

Monday, May 4, 2015

Daisy and Jacob's 9th Birthday!

Before church, Daisy had this lovely gift for her birthday shown below, in her armpit ;)
It was so tiny I almost did not think it was a tick until I put it under the microscope. She was not impressed wit this present on her birthday! I am glad she was so aware something was not right.
 The family at church!
 It's party time! At Skyzone, a trampoline park.
 They all LOVED it! They could bounce off the walls...literally!


 Daisy and one of her closest friends!
 Party room
 They each got to invite 3 friends from school.

 Minecraft Cake of course 
(no I didn't make it. We got it from a local bakery that makes delicious allergen friendly baked goods!)
Instead of gifts, they collected supplies for the men's shelter! I am proud of them, though they do keep going back and forth between the idea of getting more toys and wanting to help others. It's tough for all of us not to be selfish. But I gave them the idea and they had to decide. I assured them they would still get plenty of gifts from family and they already have so much.

I think they had a great day! And they were very happy and excited for all their gifts, cake, party and everything. They were spoiled, even with giving up gifts from friends.

No comments: