Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:24

Monday, March 7, 2011

Catching Frogs and Riding bikes!

I guess what it takes to get Daisy to ride her bike is a Princess horn, with matching accessories, basket and tassels! I had to make her get off her bike to come in the house. She still doesn't ride it like she did her trike, but hopefully this will help her get some practice!
We plan on getting Jacob a new bike this summer, he has outgrown his current one, but we don't want to buy Daisy another one unless she will ride it and learn to use it. So, we thought this might help. So now, we have to make sure we get Jacob a bike with a horn on it! We have no doubts Jacob will get his use out of his bike! He's Jacob McQueen!

Before riding bikes though, we went out to the nature preserve for some frog catching at the frog pond. There were not any frogs that we could see, but we caught two tadpoles and brought them home to the garden! Hope we can keep them alive!
We also caught a box turtle that Daisy tortured for a while until I made her put it back. She really wanted to keep it, but I only let them keep the tadpoles so that maybe the adult frogs could eat the bugs in my garden if they survive!
 Eli liked it too, so much he tried to eat it! Ha! Gross!

I found his net at Wal-mart with this whole collection of outdoor stuff like magnifiers, binoculars, safari vests, outdoor habitats, and all kind of stuff. Daisy would like a net of her own for catching butterflies, but I thought some of the stuff was neat and they might really get some outdoor use out of them! Maybe I'll get Jacob the bug vacuum so he can vacuum all the bugs out of my garden! I am hoping they will spend a lot more time outside this summer since they are getting older and I don't have to be out there with them the whole time. But I am looking forward to our patio picnics! Soon enough!

No comments: