Eli has been eying my food and drinks and grabbing for them way more than Daisy and Jacob ever did. Actually, I don't remember them EVER doing that, even though people said they would, they didn't for a long, long time.
Anyways, I figure, it is about time to try some veggies. First green food...Avocado. It didn't go well at all. I don't know if he didn't like it or if it was lumpy or not smooth enough for him. I ended up making him a bowl of rice cereal, which I knew was ok for him since he has been getting rice in his bedtime bottle for a few months now. After giving him all the rice, I tried the avocado again...he cried. A lot. Well, maybe I'll try again tomorrow!
Well, Daisy has had some dress up clothes for quite a while. Never really thought about getting Jacob some dress up clothes! The neighbor kids down the street brought these over for Jacob and he just loved em. He was so cute running around the house saying "Arg! I am a pirate who doesn't do anything!" (Veggie Tales...he he)
Well, an update on Eli. We can't use the Nap Nanny anymore because he has started "trying" to sit up. He gets up enough to fall over the side, so now, he cannot use it! We tried laying him flat in his bed to sleep and we have not gotten a strait night of sleep since we stopped the Nap Nanny! Last night we elevated his mattress, we need to come up with something more permanent though because the mattress bows. I am hoping a little part of the lack of sleep is just that he is in need of some solid foods. But, since he squirms like he is so darn uncomfortable for quite some time, I know something is bothering him. Hopefully getting his bed figured out will help him and some solids too. More solids might help keep the food down a bit better as well. Well, now I guess I will try to sell the nap nanny to buy him a high chair :)


No comments:
Post a Comment