Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:24

Friday, March 12, 2010

The Littlest Things

Before vacation, Eli had started sleeping anywheres from 10-12 hours at night straight and pretty happy. While we were on vacation, each night was less and less and less, and more fussy. And then when we got home it continued to get worse. More fussiness and unable to be comforted for long stretches, and waking at least 2 times a night, at first taking a paci to go back to sleep but then needing to be held and comforted for hours in the middle of the night, sometimes only standing! At first I thought maybe he just needed to be home for a while, but it was just getting worse and that doesn't account for the uncomfortableness and other unmentionable symptoms. I was beating myself up wondering if milk or soy had slipped into my diet somewhere I didn't realize. Even reading all the labels of my vitamins and other stuff I take. Nothing. After several days of looking, and wondering if maybe there is yet another thing he might be reacting too, I was made aware of milk in his tiny little pills I was giving him for gas. Funny, the more gas he had, the more nights I added it to his bottle. Only 2 tiny little tablets a day. As I thought I was helping him, I was only making it worse! Huh! Well, as soon as I realized this I threw them away. The first night he slept better and was happy for half the day. And he is continuing to sleep better and seems to be getting more comfortable. Who'd of thought such a tiny little thing could be such a pain! I hope his sleep and comfort continues to get better, cause it sure is a lot nicer when he is a happy playful little baby boy!
Maybe the next pic I post will show his sad/mad little face ;)  Just so you know he doesn't look like this all the time! Ha ha! Cute though isn't it! These are the kind of pictures I like to take!

No comments: